Saturday 6 September 2014

Pursuit of the unknown

Do you feel after waking up from a dream that it will never come true? Or that the nightmare you just had was definitely going to come to pass? Does it ever occur to you like a déjà-vu, that what just happened had happened before? And, that even if you had wished to change a word or an action,you attempt would have have been futile?

How about working daily and striving to reach a place or achieve a momentum that you know will not come naturally to you?I may sound like a cynical or a defeatist.but what I am trying to say is that there are times when I feel that my desire and determination to put in the work and take risk in order to succeed do not yield the fruit I so much desire to at least pluck even if I never taste it.

. Someone I know says that the world will pay you according to what it think you are worth. He said that to encourage young people to gain education or learn a trade.

I have always thought that an effort no matter how small always counts. That the desire to achieve something is stronger than the thing desired. I also realize that the challenges I face each day are not unique to me and that most of them are a result of many other factors that come into play when a person tries to be more than what he/she is tagged to become.

In retrospect, I know now that my determination and self-respect has helped me in small and big ways. Also my interest in people no matter their group has allowed me to understand that while patience is bitter, the fruit is always sweet.

No comments:

My Dreams

My dreams are often miles out of reach. It's as though I was never meant to have a dream. It's like my autumn will never see spring....